Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Tirza ~ May 7

 

I woke up surrounded by the fog

Up close like the softest of blankets,

A second skin that billowed with light

veiling the existence of anything beyond

 

As the sun grew bright, and the fog began to fall away 

there was a play between the diffuse and the dramatic, the veiled and unveiled, 

the gossamer now just beyond the sturdy stand of trees –

the action quick and spellbinding, a magic act, 

a sleight of hand, but from what to what --

Is it from my inner world to the world beyond?

From being held to taking stock?

From illusion to the fullness of it all?

 

Whatever it may be, it is a transit both tender and penetrating,

casting beauty beyond any truth I can hold,

a moment outside time

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! A moment outside time. I am transported into this moment - the fog lifting , inner to outer, illusion to fullness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is almost impossible to describe in words such ephemeral, delicate moments of light. This piece does it! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...