Friday, May 31, 2024

Tirza ~ May 31

 

Well it’s now or never…the zoom will take up a much needed evening to pack and prepare for the trip early tomorrow.

It’s been a good month, and I want to thank everyone for creating such a tightknit group of fellow writers and readers.  Being read and reading others’ pieces was far more important to me than I had expected. Thank you.

I’m wondering whether I’ll be able to keep it up in June.  I expect that I will falter some days, and other days really try and overdo.  But we shall see. There are always either good reasons or excuses we know for not doing what we aim to do, and the accountability, the need to show up is so important.

I’ll see if I can show up for myself.  Whether I can use some time for retooling old writing too, freshening it up, finishing the unfinished, deciding what I want to focus on.  There’s a freedom in not being read daily too.  Finding the balance between prior writing and new writing.  Watching what emerges. Being more playful and adventurous.  Zany and deep. Surround all writing with a glow, a reverberation of aliveness. Like a flower that waves after the hummingbird feeds from it, or my heart after B.’s embrace.

That’s all I have time for.

 

2 comments:

  1. I like very much the sense of looking ahead in this piece -- the writer's wish to "show up for myself" as well as the unsureness if that will happen, even infrequently ~ but she is damn well going to give it a shot. There's excitement here for the writing to grow and bloom in unexpected way -- just as it has all month. You started in the Middle East of a few decades ago and found a way to bring us into the present with all its difficulties and newfound joys. Brava for jumping in headfirst this month, Tirza! It's been a pleasure writing with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta -it has been a pleasure writing with you too!

      Delete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...