Thursday, May 30, 2024

Marta ~ May 30

 

I am hopeful that the very nice AirBnB guest leaves well before noon today because I have to prep the space for an incoming and also catch a train. I saw her out on the grass this morning and was tempted to go out, make a little conversation, and work in the question about approximately what time might you be departing? But there is no way to make that question anything but unwelcoming so instead I enjoyed that she was out there, digging the beauty, listening to birdsong, appreciating how beautiful this patch of land is. 

 

So it's a rushy morning. I am making a list to destress the intensity of what needs to happen before I depart. Valerie, bless her, will give everyone dinner and see if Bird will walk with her. I think Bird will. Bird doesn't go for walks with just anyone, even sometimes with people she knows well she will refuse. But Valerie is pretty special, even if she is a cat person. 

 

Bird didn't eat her dinner and only ate half her breakfast. But she was fine going through the woods this morning. So I think it's nerves, but I am not sure why. I've left the house for the day before. And she's been upset by the cats before. Regularly, actually. Last night I could hear her pacing, I think because the cats were on one of her beds. I thought about moving them, but chose to let them duke this one out. She yells at them randomly, but not if they are on her bed or if they are honing in on her food. In those cases, she stands aside, confused it seems. 

 

And now to ponder the question: will it be warm enough to wear sandals in the city today? 

1 comment:

  1. Am loving this line: "I am making a list to destress the intensity of what needs to happen before I depart. Destress the intensity...So clearly hits the mark in its truth and originality.

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...