Thursday, May 30, 2024

Gloria ~ May 30

 

MUG SHOTS

 

Had three distinctly different issues to write about…maybe four… and two days left. Trying to decide while washing up breakfast dishes which includes all of our various mugs…each one distinct in itself and relevant to our lives and our travels and our ever unfolding late life totally surprising relationship.

 

Among others are:

 

CODA  - "Let Your Light Shine"  was the theme of the Conference

   That was my first Coda Conference before I met Ron. I was terrified because I don’t sign and was sure  I wouldn’t fit in and it would be awful. Decided that since I was already uneasy…to say the least…why not volunteer to do part of my show and be totally freaked out. Turned out to be a wonderful experience…and I was invited by a fellow Coda to come to Canada to do the entire show. First time the show went international.

 

I didn’t order far enough in advance to get this mug, but it was auctioned off at another Coda retreat and I kept bidding till I got it!!

 

CODA- 40 Years

Ron won this mug at a Coda gathering.That gathering was a story in itself  - my history from the beginning with the Coda community. Definitely a chapter in my book. 

 

 

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

A Coda retreat…I did part of my show and brought Ron up to do part of the TEDx.  

 

MUSTANG 

 Ron’s beautiful black convertible. This car is helping  me relearn how to drive.

 

BIDEN/HARRIS

 Self explanatory nail biter…

 

OHIO 

   My home away from home

 

COLUMBUS, OH

   Where we live, my second home

     

TOLEDO, OHIO - Packos

  A memory for Ron

 

HOCKING HILLS, OHIO

   One of the first places I went with Ron. Beautiful setting. Was also the location of another Coda retreat.

 

HELL’S KITCHEN ( my contribution) 

   My NYC world!!

 

WASHINGTON STATE and OREGON

   Ron once lived on the West Coast and loves it - hopefully we will go there someday

 

ALASKA

  Ron has been there…I would love to go.

 

 

RABBIT HASH, KENTUCKY 

   We were just there! A beautifully maintained old southern village…I wore my NY hat although Ron was hesitant about this...concerned about what reception I would get...but everyone asked questions about it and were very welcoming.

 

 

SUBARU

 Our all paid up grand conveyance…we go everywhere in this listening to  music (his…mine waiting to be installed!) and politics and podcasts…Sometimes nothing…just quiet. Just being together.

 

And then there are the magnets…on the fridge…from everywhere Ron has been…at last count close to 125.

I have been to some of them…I who never traveled. 

 

He wants to show me the world.

And now…I want to see it. 

With him.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...