Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Joe ~ May 28

 

Full Bloom

 

The rose bush in the neighbor’s yard is chock full of roses. The bush has been left to grow wild and is in a glorious display of every shade of pink and red that my eyes can discern. The sun was shining full tilt today and there is a wonderful breeze swaying the leaves in the trees and swirling the buds on the flowering bush. The flowers are all wide open and the bees have been busy doing what bees do. It is indeed wonderful to see the bees back at work. The last few years had shown little evidence of their presence. I must take some photos of these blooming beauties before I wake up to see their petals scattered on the ground from a surprise thunder storm which will end their Spring show and the annual splendor of the full bloom comes to an end. Sometimes I find myself wondering is there a proper metaphor for this peaking beauty of this natural photosynthetic process. Have my periods of full bloom come and gone without me ever realizing it happened. Always waiting for the next bit of euphoria to materialize and never just sitting there to let that breeze take my reverie and let it dance in my imaginative sky. Sadly, to awaken and see my withered and decaying petals scattered about while listening to Peggy Lee’s, “Is That All There Is”. In the moment my reflection is dipping down and down to bounce along the bottom just a little bit. Those lost blossoms of my life will never have their crowning glory again. But, The bush is still there, like it has been for the last thirty years and has grown by the foot every season. Strong and durable and weathering the elements that nature flies it’s way. Those massive leaves of the trees will fall and the limbs will become baron. The bush will go into it’s hibernation and resiliently and slowly recharge and prepare for the next full bloom. Time will provide it. So, while cleaning my own house and casting off the remnants of past full blooms I can say…that I too will continue to grow and with divine intervention live another season to bloom and open myself up to whatever pollination that comes my way.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...