Monday, May 27, 2024

Gary ~ May 27

 

Gay and Gray, All The Way

 

Gay and Gray All The Way

 

We have hardly settled into our new townhouse here, and there's still a whole lot of things to be sorted out and put away , but I am already liking this "gay and gray" town of Roxbury NY a great deal.

 

There is a very relaxed feeling to the place and almost everyone seems to be very laid back and very nice to boot, except for that weird scene that seems to be going on over at the Fierce Grizzly bistro. It looks dark and forbidding,  and you can't see into the place from the street b/c the windows  are covered with curtains that go 3/4 of the way to the top.

 

It reminds me, more than a little, of the social clubs in Manhattan's Little Italy where the mafiosi go to hang out,play cards, smoke cigars, and plan their next airport heist.  You can't see into those places either.

 

Is the Fierce Grizzly some kind of gay social club?  That's the impression I  got the first time I walked in there,  looking to cop a quick cappuccino to go and got stared down by the guys who were seated around several tables and who just peered at me like I had just landed from Mars or Outer Space and wandered unsuspectingly into their joint while they were talking and making plans to throw a big gay sex orgy at the world-famous Roxbury Motel, known for its flamboyance and themed rooms and suites such as the Yabba Dabba Doo room and the Golightly-A-Go-Go suite. 

 

I mean are we talking GAY here, or what?  Oh yeah, and how about the room called Fred's Lair?

What does that tell you?

 

Yeah, they must have been planning to throw a big gay orgy at the Roxbury and had to zip their lips when they saw some straight guy walk through the door.  Straight guy?  OK, so not exactly a straight guy perhaps, but nevertheless a guy who looked fairly straight compared to the likes of them.

 

But wait a minute!  Let's not get carried away here.  The place is an actual fucking restaurant after all. It serves lunch from 11am-3pm Monday thru Friday and Dinner Service is 5pm-8pm on Thursday and from 5pm-9pm on Friday and Saturday.  They are closed on Sunday.

 

They close at 9pm on Friday, yet when I went there at 7:30 that day, the place was more than half empty, yet the guy who confronted me, I think his name is Cat Morrison (I did some research), said he couldn't seat me without a reservation. I don't think he was telling me the truth.

 

I'm going there for lunch today for sure.  I have to crack open this mystery once and for all.  I want to observe this Cat Morrison character. He's the chef.  I want to see what mood he is in today. And I want to see how many gays guys are hunched over their tables making their furtive, maybe even perverted, plans.

 

I am going to order the Organic Beet Salad/Fourteen and the Fresh Made Gnocchi/Sixteen.

 

Yeah, you got that right, it's Fourteen and Sixteen, not $14 and $16.

 

Try to tell me that's not gay.  Go ahead, try.

 

There is no way I'll ever be convinced.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. What a fascinating foray into a gay bar. How secretive it is and everything is like a code. It looks like a restaurant to the public but is probably known in those circles as something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may just need a shoot-out on Main Street between the narrator and the chef of the Fierce Grizzly.

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...