Monday, May 27, 2024

Christina ~ May 27

 

It just started to rain and that pleases me, lifts me. The plants that surround the patio, the hostas, the black-eyed susans that don’t have their flowers yet, the long grasses, they will like it, it will lift them up too. The rain is heavy, noisy, in less than a minute the bricks of the patio are completely wet, and a puddle has formed for the drainage could be better. The two old wooden adirondack chairs, the yellow-painted round table, the green metal chair, the little blue table, all of them now wet, dripping. After a minute, the rain slows down, now more the sound of slow drops on the bricks and patio furniture, less pounding, gentler. I’ll go out in a bit and tip the green metal chair, lean it against the yellow table so the water doesn’t collect in the seat, something I always do when it rains. The big trees beyond the patio fence move in the slight wind, everything is grey, dark grey, the yellow and the green and the blue of the furniture almost glow against the grey. The sounds get softer and slower. The puddle on the patio bricks is gone. I’m disappointed, I wanted more rain. I open the door and go outside to tip the water off the green chair. 

3 comments:

  1. These pieces make me think of Mary Oliver's work. Lovely and present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi sees a poem. I see a painting -- yellow, green blue....and the wonderful description of rain sounds too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very much like Mary Oliver. I rain is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...