Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Gloria ~ May 28

 

Aging Body Parts….and Goal Setting

 

 

Wanted to continue with my ongoing cat compilation but I’m just not up for it right now…maybe because the loss of the last and final one is not something I can handle at the moment.

 

So far  a lot of the day has been spent just trying to reduce the pain in my knee so my brain can stop focusing on it and all the ramifications thereof including Ron’s offer for me to have the surgery in Ohio so he can take care and watch over me. 

 

Right now treating this thing involves shots and pills…neither of which seem to work.

 

Read up enough to understand that in the morning I’m supposed to warm it up so I won’t strain anything? I’m not sure that’s right but warming it up seemed like a good idea before working with it. Then when I’ve been walking too much and the s.o. b. is inflamed…that’s when the ice comes out to freeze it back into shape.

 

Here’s the problem as I see it now:

 

Mornings are pretty good. Knee has been asleep so it’s not screaming yet.  That would be a good time to warm it up a little and do all the whatever maneuvers.  

 

But I’m not alone here…and I want to spend the morning with Ron and not waste time baby sitting my body parts. So we have our coffee and walk outside a bit… and this brat of a knee starts up again.

 

So…do I freeze it to calm it down or heat it up to work with it??

 

I chose to freeze and then work.

 

Also put in a call to the Dr to find out how to make sense of all this and what exactly are my chances of fixing this so I do not need to be carved up and implanted and ready to set off all the alarms at the airport. 

 

Last time at Security they asked do I have any implants or metal hips or knees or whatever and my response was;

Not yet!

 

They saw no humour in that.

 

I thought it was one of my better lines.

 

Edit:Just spoke to Drs office and they clarified the pill and ice and heat situation. I was right about the ice as the better choice. And now I got more pills to take. That’s ok,..drugs are good…beats a knife every time because my intention is to leave with all the body parts I arrived with.

 

It’s good to have goals!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. It's also good to have a buoyant attitude! Wow! Alot of fortitude displayed in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knee as an entity in itself, very creative. And holding onto body parts. I'm with you on that!

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...