Monday, May 6, 2024

Gary ~ May 6

 

To Wrap or Not To Wrap: That Is The Question.

 

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the Saran Wrap-free water........

 

I too, thought it was safe to start writing about some other stuff and be done with the whole Saran Wrap saga, but since one of our  dear May Mazurkans  yesterday inquired as to whether or not I opted for the Saran Wrap wrap to ward off  attacks, via the navel and sex centers or chakras, by the Hostile Forces when receiving cult leader Jeffery's Special Mother Force Transmission I felt it  imperative to not dodge the issue, but rather, address it in the only way I know how, which is fully, honestly, and with perhaps more than a modicum of TMI (Too Much Information).

 

Trigger Warning:  If you find yourself disturbed or upset in any way by hearing about sexual deviation,  sex toys, sex kinks, BDSM and things of that nature, then perhaps you should skip my entry for today and wait until tomorrow when I promise to Always Look On The Bright Side of Life, rather than the side of life that some people might find a bit too dark and shadowy.

 

Not that there is anything wrong with sex toys, and BDSM and Bondage Starter Kits, don't get me wrong!  I am as open and as flexible, and perhaps even as versatile, as a lot of people I know, and whatever anyone wants to do in the privacy of their own, or someone else's bedroom, or motel room, or swingers' resort or club is simply none of my business and does not concern me in the least.

 

But for some people, even some people whom I know reasonably well, the whole subject of sex and things like The Varieties of Sexual Experience: A Study in Human Nature, which was a book that I think was written by William James, a Harvard University psychologist philosopher, in 1902 or thereabouts, tends to be for them a rather unpleasant subject to say the least.

 

All I am saying is that I do NOT want to offend anybody by mentioning, even in passing, things like wrist and ankle cuffs, leashes and collars, luxury bed restraints, sex swings and position aids,  whips, crops, and spankers, or even lace blindfolds,  just to name a few.

 

I hope we are clear on that.  My SOLE intention here is to, in a totally forthcoming manner, address the question that was posed, as to  whether  or not it 'twas nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of  outrageous Hostile Forces,  or  take Saran Wrap against a sea of troubles and by opposing them end them?

 

Ay, there's the rub.  Sure, I could wrap my stomach and genital area with Saran Wrap and bind them tightly to block the Hostile Forces from piercing my lower chakras , but for some reason that struck me as being rather kinky, and brought to mind, not all perhaps, but a lot of the things I listed above in my Trigger Warning.

 

Truth to tell, I'm really not that kinky.  I'm not into latex and I'm not into Saran Wrap.

 

Plus I'm lazy.  And that, no doubt, is probably the biggest factor of all.

 

I'm saving my Saran Wrap for half-used tomatoes and chunks of cheddar cheese, and extra Romaine lettuce leaves and things like that. Hostile Forces be damned!  And  know that I am NOT ready to shuffle off this mortal coil anytime soon, so just go your  way and leave me the hell alone.

 

3 comments:

  1. I like how at the end, the narrator decides to save Saran Wrap for its ordinary uses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though he paid extra, the narrator followed his own compass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a buildup, I love the narrator's tone, his warnings, only to find out he's just a mensch who believes in sustainable Saran practices for tomatoes and cheese etc. Mother force indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...