Friday, May 3, 2024

Gloria ~ May 3

 

UNBREAKABLE

 

This is going to be short today, or at least I think so. 

Not at all sure of my trustworthiness with that kind of statement.

 

Right now I’m on Ron’s porch in a very quiet neighbourhood listening to the birds chirping and  watching the grass grow and keeping an eye on what I'm pretty sure is a killer bee flying around my head.

 

The same head that took rather a blow yesterday.

 

Going back in time a bit here…

 

About two years ago when Ron was in NY with the car I loaded up my bike for him to give it a home in Ohio. I had stopped riding as it was getting very dangerous given that there seemed to be some agreement between the cab and bus drivers to kill as many of us on two wheels as possible.

 

Also because of an incident in Central Park where I was happily riding along and a guy jumped out of the bushes…stood in front of the bike…and flashed me.  My first thought was…Is that really the best you can do?

 

So all in all…best to give my beloved bike which I had hand painted with little flowers …a new home. 

 

So now I’m in Ohio with a very bad arthritic knee.  Interrupted my PT to come here.  Part of that encompasses an exercise bike at the facility that I needed to replicate. I ordered a thing that you put on the back wheel of a regular bike to  make it stationary but we had to take it out  to get the tires inflated.

 

Got home with it yesterday and Ron told me to go into the garage and he would back up the car and we would take the bike out.

 

So of course I didn’t listen to him and went up to the porch and realised what he told me was right and on my journey back to the garage I tripped over some stones bordering the path and went down flat on my hands and of course the bad knee and my head bounced a couple of times on the pavement.

 

Ron was…upset.

 

Very upset.

 

Scared shitless.

 

I absolutely could not get up as I already have only one leg to stand on so he had to haul me up and then place me carefully on a chair in the garage and eventually we got into the house and I got some ice for what is now a black eye.  

 

The amazing thing is: Nothing broke.  Nothing. I am sore in various places and VERY sore where my foot encountered the rock but…all is still intact.  

 

Just like when I was hit by a car while riding up tenth avenue years ago.

 

But that’s another story…having already proved my untrustworthiness in saying this was going to be…you know…short...I'll stop and save that one for later. 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. The flasher: "Is that the best you can do." Ha! Speaks of a woman who holds her own. Except for that terrible fall. Great detail. Hope this writer recovers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are beloved bikes and beloved bikes, but no other bikes with flowers handpainted on them! Great detail that says so much about the narrator.

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...