Friday, May 31, 2024

Marta ~ May 31

 

Early morning. Favorite time. Especially when air so clear, greens lit with sun, sky as blue as a picture book. 

 

I am back from the walk with Bird who insisted, as usual in the morning, that instead of the woods we peruse the streets, bounded only by the two bridges she will no longer cross. She used to cross them, but no more. They house hidden spirits with whom she will not dally, making us turn back when before we used to keep going. Still, we twist and turn and find a new path each day. 

 

We passed Lauren and Rosie, Lauren happy about yesterday's conviction, Rosie, at the end of her leash, indifferent. 

 

Coming home, I feed Bird by hand because she has been almost refusing to eat the last few days, and I am sure it's because she's over-upset with cat presence. Earlier, I shooed Patrick off her bed, and will keep an eye out and not allow cats on her bed anymore. She is such a bundle of nerves, my little Bird, always has been, but at least, after 9 years, I begin to understand. 

 

Yesterday in the city accompanied by a small headache that popped up in the train going down, so unexpected on such an otherwise up-tilted day. The train had been late and I had not minded at all, sitting on the platform in the cool sun, facing the river, listening to the lap of its waves, munching cheese and apples. "Bring snacks!" my sister had reminded me and so I had crammed in one more activity into those last few minutes of dashing "I'm going to be late!" minutes, packing a couple of plastic bags instead of the nicer papery ones because it was faster, leaving the dishes, dishes that are still there, not many, it doesn't matter. I'll catch up. 

 

Today I go slow. Headache in the back seat, purring but not shouting. Mostly, I can just let the day take its own beautiful course. 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh the indifference of dogs to politics...would that we could. Am familiar with backseat headaches...love the "puurrrr" reference.
    Thank you for 31 days!!

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...