Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Heidi ~ May 1

 

How many things can I attend to before I sit down to write? Downward dog, step into plank, rise up right elbow over left and circle, yoga attends to the body.  Fifteen minutes of obligatory meditation leaning against soft pillows on my quilt-strewn bed waiting for Insight Timer to ding. Left-over steel cut oatmeal has to be warmed and filled with cut strawberries, ground flax seed, unorganic blueberries bought by mistake, overripe banana, dripping kiwi mushing under my knife.  Make space on my desk but keep out Greg’s profile, the guy I met on Green Singles.

 

Greg and I have been emailing for about a month now. A devout Vegan (I’m not) and self-identified as “unfancy but can clean up nice,” Greg lives in Brooklyn and Vermont.  I am at the end of his 63-80 age range and I wonder if he has younger choices, if he is exploring them.  I don’t have choices, except for the Tantric Master from Albany who is ready to head to Kingston.  Argh! I’m just hoping for a nice guy to hang out with.  He’s probably nice.  I don’t know. I’m ignorant in the Tantric ways.  And prejudice, I guess.  Apologies to Tantric Masters everywhere. 

 

So far, besides some engaging emails and a dry humor generating an appreciative groan, Greg has been a static photo I printed out and put under a pile of to-do papers.  Now that we are graduating to zoom in two days, I have it in a prominent place on my desk, as if I could read more into the half smile and sad eyes, as if it will give me courage, assurances, the known, a direction, and above all….safety.  Ha!

 

But, what will happen? The theme of the month! 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the way something deep and profound slips between the cracks in this piece ~ that glimpse of the half smile and sad eyes, the mention of "safety," quickly squelched. Very very appealing, this search for something....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole month of dating site drama. Now I'm doubly glad I signed up for the MM. I'm much more interested in the Tantric Master than I am in nice (seeming) guy Greg. But beggars can't be choosers. I'll take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...