Thursday, May 2, 2024

Gloria ~ May 2

 

WHAT’S NEXT…AND THE RING CYCLE…

 

OK right now I have no idea what to do next because every damn thing is a freakin’ PRIORITY!

 

Have to answer all the comments on my latest FB post…start putting together  the CEU workshop…get started on my book…do the PT on my knee (ugh)……schedule the free meeting I won all about technology(also ugh) …apply to Ireland Coda…decide on May Mazurka (ok I did that)…continue writing about my kitties….

 

And I’m still adjusting to not being home in NYC for six weeks. 

 

Am still in Ohio visiting with my fiancé…can’t  believe I’m saying that word again…fiancé…

 

Which bring to mind this little tale…

 

Popped into a jewellery store in NYC checking out an engagement ring I spotted in the window that had a teeny tiny emerald and equally teeny tiny diamonds and they made a big production out of carefully removing it and putting it on a little black velvet pad and offering me a seat (which I refused as getting up is now fraught with difficulties due to my facacta knee) and by then I was beginning to suspect that this little bauble just might be a bit out of our price range. The jeweller…noting my white hair and apparently advanced age asked if this was my second marriage. I replied no I’ve been ducking this for innumerable decades but now I’m in giving in. Then I tried this thing on and inquired after the price which was $36,000.  

 

That is not a misprint. Comma and zeros are correct.

 

$36,000.

 

Times like this I am quite grateful for my intensive acting training which ensures control over all shocks reflecting on any part of my face or anatomy. I said it was perfect and my best beloved betrothed would be visiting the following week and we would surely (never) be visiting them at that time.

 

Side Note: I researched emeralds and found out they are absolutely NOT meant for more than brief exposure and cannot be worn in various atmospheric conditions as they are easily shattered and can disintegrate at a moments notice. 

 

So I will go with my first love…the Irish Claddagh ring…green heart pointed inward to symbolise…marriage… 

 

I really can’t believe I’m saying that word…marriage…

 

But when it’s your best buddy…best friend…best everything… 

It becomes obvious that…it’s all for the best! 

 

2 comments:

  1. A degree in acting is so much more than a degree in acting. Great scene, again, the wit and smarts rivet me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! I like the choice of the claddagh ring.

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...