Saturday, May 18, 2024

Gloria ~ May 18

 

ROAD TRIP

 

Will have to postpone Driving Part 4 as I only have a short time to write this morning because we are taking a road trip and internet may not be available.

 

Ron loves to travel but this visit  is limited due to the issue with my recalcitrant… misbehaving…and generally out of sorts facacta knee. 

 

We are going to someplace called Rabbit Hash, Kentucky. Gotta get my southern twang on to visit  the General Store and other places of nostalgia that Ron loves.  Will pack some sandwiches as everything offered on  the road is beneath my snobby attitude toward all food that is non organic and sugar filled and deeply fried.

 

I actually did see a sign in on a restaurant wall in Ohio that proclaimed:

IF IT AIN’T FRIED…IT AIN’t FOOD..

 

Love traveling with Ron. I don’t even mind long car rides which I have previously carefully avoided as I have been afflicted with both boredom and sickness. But not with him.

 

What I love most is when he drives with one hand and puts his right hand on my knee. I heard someone say that is part of the “language of love” and that’s just what it feels like.

 

And sometimes a song will come on his playlist that  has meaning for us and he will use his free hand to sign the words to me.

 

He is most certainly now and forever my bashert 

 

I have never felt so loved. 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the love!! All warm and squishy in a GOOD way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my heart! His hand on your knee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the relationship with Ron! And I love the narrator's experience with road tripping to places like Rabbit Hash, and her distaste for the food and packing the sandwiches! Welcome to the Midwest, honey!

    ReplyDelete

Lila ~ May 31

  I have another friend of mine who is involved with the deaf world.  My friend T.   I first met T when I started nursing school at DCC.  I ...